What should I do when my Jefferson City home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your family – against the multitude of risks you may encounter, like burglary, fire, and flooding. Even though your home might be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Jefferson City home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often shocking, bewildering, and might provoke panic. Your best option is to stay composed and abide by these straightforward guidelines.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Jefferson City Goes Off
It’s a scenario no one wishes to be in, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system originally. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the distinct blasting of an alarm after one of your sensors has been tripped. So what should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is racing. But staying calm is the optimal way to evaluate the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to handle the emergency on your own but instead let your monitoring experts and first responders do their job.
- Take care of your family. Your main focus should be your family members and moving them out of danger. In the event of a burglary, this might include moving to a designated safe room as far from entry points as possible. It’s likely that your alarm may have frightened away the intruder, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or flames, please leave your home immediately.
- Don’t forget your phone. In this day and age, almost all homeowners have their phones at all times, but you might fail to grab it during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to keep in contact with your monitoring professionals and receive notifications through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in Jefferson City goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts will act immediately. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that means getting in contact with you. The guideline they abide by depends on the kind of emergency. To illustrate, when a medical emergency is initiated, a single attempt will be made to reach you before help is sent out. If you’re dealing with a burglary alarm - the most typical kind of alarm - a monitoring agent will adhere to these steps to reach out to you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you via the central command panel. You will usually be required to supply a passcode.
- If that effort isn’t successful, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- A second number or your primary contact person is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area law enforcement officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again after authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a position to converse with monitoring staff, don’t fret. Help will still be dispatched even when you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Be prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Jefferson City
Stay ready for any situation with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Jefferson City from Vivint. Contact (573) 498-8565 to start customizing your property’s protection today.