What to do to cut down on false alarms in Jefferson City
False alarms can be a legitimate problem for a home security system. They not only decrease the confidence you have in your equipment, but they can also be a pain to resolve. Fortunately, you can do some things to reduce false alarms from your Jefferson City security system.
To begin, ensure that your devices installed as intended. This will probably sound like common sense, but it’s common that basic mistakes result in false alarms. Secondly, check out potential culprits of false alarms, including entry points that might be kept unsecured mistakenly. And finally, don't hesitate to incorporate the many options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Jefferson City.
Could it be really that straightforward? Read on and find out.
Numerous false alarms in Jefferson City can be avoided
Just like you would address any concern, the best course of action is to reference the guidebook. Ensure all your components are set up properly from your perspective by:
- Executing a system analysis via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Physically evaluate each device to make sure it didn't slip or need a new battery.
- Check your scheduling to make sure that your system isn’t arming at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart implements are installed correctly and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Call your Vivint specialist if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Jefferson City system. They'll gladly schedule a tehnician to inspect your setup.
Check your entry points
If your installation checks out OK, the ensuing step is to thoroughly inspect your property. Are all your doors and widows shut tight, or do you find some inadvertently ajar? If an access point is left unsecured, it might trip an activated sensor. In the event your family constantly forgets to shut an entrance, you can implement a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when the alarm is engaged. Unfortunately, windows need more manual maintenance, particularly if you have a loved one who likes to fall asleep with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to deactivate that device while still guarding the rest of the property.
Home automation tends to be an effective method to cut down on false alarms in Jefferson City
One of the most effective ways to minimize the chance of false alarms is to incorporate automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Program a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms that happen due to accidentally unlatching a door or window. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again that evening when you’re asleep.
- Program the alarm to deactivate as your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the right number combination.
- Use geotracking to arm the alarm if you depart the driveway, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Get mobile alerts when your implements notice abnormal activity or need a fresh battery.
- Link your home security to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to operate your system without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Jefferson City by switching to a Vivint smart home
Increased control over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, call (573) 498-8565 or send in the form below.